Buyers Agent idea
You have decided to buy a house. That is great news! I am the right agent to help you in this process. At Comey and Shepherd, I work with many buyers every year and have special processes to help educate and advise you.
Purchasing a property is likely the largest financial decision you will ever make. If you are like most people, your purchase will include obligating yourself to mortgage debt. There is an increasing degree of complexity in both the purchase and financing process, and I can guide you through both of these as well as the closing. At Comey & Shepherd, we hire and employ only full-time agents, though our industry has many, many part-time agents.
There are many reasons to buy a home. Perhaps you are tired of paying rent and want to pay down your own mortgage rather than that of your landlord. You may have simply outgrown your current home and desire to move to larger quarters. You may be interested in purchasing investment property and becoming a landlord yourself. You may want to move to a different part of town, more urban or more suburban. You may desire to shorten your commute to work. Having a clear sense of your reasons for buying will help you choose the right property.
Property ownership has historically been a solid investment; whether you are looking for your dream home, a rental property, or to expand an existing investment portfolio. Owning real estate is one of the least risky ways to build equity or to obtain a greater return on your initial investment.
I have come up with what you need to do as you “Get ready to buy” Make a file with this information.
- Financial statements
- Bank accounts
- Credit cards
- Auto loans
- Recent pay stubs
- Tax returns for two years
- Copies of leases for investment properties
- 401K statements, life insurance, stocks, bonds, and mutual account information.
Your credit score will play a significant factor on what you will be able to purchase. This would also not be the time to buy a car or change jobs.
Choosing an Agent is an import part of buying a home, and these are some things you need to look at.
Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. We can guide you through this process, and also provide you with access to property listings before they hit the general market.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent—one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you and if they are available at night and on weekends.
- Ask about their credentials and education: a good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.
I will help you navigate the establishment of your buying wish list, help you through the pre-approval financing process, the home search, the writing of an offer, negotiating, inspecting the home you put under contract, seeing the process through to closing.
William Shakespeare said, “When I was at home, I was in a better place.” Let me be that person to help you find that better place.